Thursday, February 5, 2009

Graceling by Kristin Cashore




Graceling was a great book that had an excellent story line, with many twists and turns, and readers will definitely not know what to expect next. I think that the Graceling idea is ingenious; I'm surprised no one else had thought of it before. However, Graceling gives the reader too much information in the first two chapters, confusing me. I had to read it several times over to try and make sense of it all. Other than that, I really enjoyed Graceling.

Reviewed by Michael.

-------------------------

Graceling was an incredibly good book, and I can't wait for the next book in the series to come out. In the story, some people are born with Graces, special skills. The main character, Kat has been able to kill a man with her bare hands since she was a child. Thought to have a killing Grace, the King, her uncle, makes her do all of his dirty work for him; killing or permanently maiming anyone that wronged him -- no matter how minor. The plot is incredibly difficult to explain, because there is a lot of detail, but I really, really, really liked this book and strongly recommend it.

Reviewed by Dorothy.

-------------------------

The book Graceling was wonderful to read. I loved that Katsa really only wants to fight to bring peace and her uncle uses her as a weapon for punishment really shows how much she wants to stop. The way Kristin Cashore portrays this young fighter is amazing. I really hope there is a sequel to this book.

Reviewed by Madeleine.

-------------------------

This book is about a girl, Katsa, who is around 17 and who lives in a world where some people are born with special abilities called Graces. Katsa was born with a bad Grace, a killing Grace. Her uncle, the king, abuses her Grace by sending her to do his dirty work. With the help of a prince named Po she revolts from her uncle. I would recommend this book people over 14 for content.

Reviewed by Emily.

--------------------------

I really liked this book. It's definitely one I'm going to read again. And again. I especially like how well the author hides the surprises, such as Po's grace, or his blindness. I also like how the main character, Katsa's, feelings were very clear and I could easily keep up with what she was thinking. I would definitely recommend this book for others, maybe no younger than 12 or 13 because of violence and certain scenes. This is a really good book and I love the world and story the author spins.

Reviewed by Kaitlyn.

---------------------------

The king's niece has a Grace for killing. She is shunned by everyone and forced to be the king's brutal errand-runner. Forced to break arms and legs for him, she works behind the scenes with her friend who is also the king's spy. She and her council work to keep peace. But when a king is mysteriously captured and secrets and plots are revealed, she must team up with a boy who has the Grace she fears the most.

Due to some content, this book is not for anyone under 14 (language, mature content).

Reviewed by Colleen.

No comments: