Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Pearl by Jo Knowles


The book Pearl was an overall good book that I did enjoy while reading.  Though the book's beginning seemed odd to me, starting with a death,  I found that in the end it was a very good story and interesting story line.  Starting with the death of her grandfather - Gus - and the introduction to her best friend - Henry- it also expresses a strong plot.  With the death of her grandfather she finds the lack of sadness and reaction from her mother horrible and can't seem to get rid of her mother's best friend - Claire- who she does not get along with at all.  As the story unravels, she discovers the reason behind her mother's cold shoulder towards her and that Claire is not just a best friend of her mothers.

The book was full of twists and surprises that kept me interested.  It was not my favorite book, but I would definitely re-read it.  In the end, I would recommend this book to adolescents and maybe younger audiences.  It had a very interesting storyline that gripped me throughout the whole story.

Reviewed by Melissa.

No comments: