Saturday, October 27, 2012

Quarantine: The Loners by Lex Thomas



Quarantine: The Loners by Lex Thomas is about a high school just like yours.  Only this one is infected with a virus that kills young children and adults.  The kids that are infected form gangs (The Geeks, The Sluts, etc.) and trade what they have.  The Geeks have art and put on shows.  The Sluts have food and some things to make armor and weapons.  The main character, David, doesn't have a gang and has to fight the whole school to survive and take care of his younger brother. 

I personally loved this book beyond anything I thought I could love from a series.  This book, as it says on the cover, is "As original as The Hunger Games, set within a high school exactly like yours."  Also, it says that it's a modern day Lord of the Flies, which is very true.  This book drew me in so much that I couldn't put it down.  The only reason I didn't finish the first day was because I had work to do.  I can already tell the next book is going to be amazing just by the last line of this book.  I can't wait for the next book and I suggest this book for anyone that loves something that's like The Hunger Games, but set in the present.

Reviewed by Julia.

No comments: