Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Anya's War by Andrea Alban


Anya's War is set during World War II. The book starts right after Anya moves to China from the Ukraine to escape Hitler because her family is Jewish. One day while riding her bike home she finds a baby in the gutter. Anya, with the help of her brother and the cook, search for the lost baby's family. During the search Anya goes through many things and becomes more responsible and grown up.

This book is about Anya's trying times and her emotional and family stress. I loved this book because I liked how realistic it was. I loved the characters, especially Anya and Li Mei, because they are nice and funny. I enjoyed reading this book. I think the author did a splendid job and shouldn't change a thing. I would recommend this book to kids ages 12 and up.

Reviewed by Shannen.

No comments: