Monday, December 17, 2012

All These Things I've Done by Gabrielle Zevin



This story was quite good.   It is about a girl who is the daughter of a chocolate creating family and lives with her fatally ill grandmother, sister and mentally disabled brother, Leo.  Chocolate is illegal in this future time, but when she gives her ex-boyfriend some of her chocolate and he is nearly killed from poisoning, all signs point to her.

This book takes place in an unexpected future with good characters and a surprising plot.  The character development was okay, as the main character continually learned through the story.  The plot was a very good idea but I was left wondering.   I found myself questioning the history and reasoning for some of the future's differences.  Other than that, the story was quite good.  I would offer this story to an older audience because of the main character's thoughts about topics that were not age appropriate for younger age groups.

Reviewed by Melissa.

No comments: