Friday, November 2, 2012

Kepler's Dream by Juliet Bell



Kepler's Dream by Juliet Bell is about a girl named Ella.  She deals with lots of problems.  Her mother has cancer, her dad is always fishing and never has time for her and, because her mother is getting very important, critical treatment, she has to stay with her grandmother that she has never met.  She's just an eleven year old girl who has a grandmother that has a hundred peacocks in her yard, a whole room of cluttered stuff from her travels around the world, TONS of rooms in her complicated home, and the worst of all is she doesn't have any TV or Internet.  The only thing she does have is a library with thousands of books.  Ella starts to think she won't have a good summer at all.  But really she learns lots of skills like being able to ride a horse, becoming a "detective", peacock feeder and learning ways to always use correct grammar.

I thought this book was okay.  I have read much better, but I liked the book.  It didn't have one of those things that kept me wanting to read more.  Sometimes it would just bore me out and I would forget what the whole page said.  I would give it a 3 out of 5 stars.

Reviewed by Bryana.
Reviewed from an advanced reader copy.

No comments: