Monday, October 21, 2013

Courtship & Curses by Marissa Doyle



Sofie is disabled, both magically and physically.  She is trying to be successful in English society and is confused by a possible fiance.  On top of all that she has to watch out for the lives of everyone at the local war office, including her father.  Find out what happens to Sofie and everyone else.

Courtship & Curses was definitely not one of my favorite books.  The actual story line would be through in about five chapters if it weren't for so much fluff in the story.  I thought it was long and actually kind of painful to read.  The only part I enjoyed was the first chapter and the last three.  The rest seemed to be stuffing to give the book length to me. Although I cannot speak for all as some might find it quite good.

Reviewed by Sabrina.

No comments: